Tuesday, April 23, 2013

So maybe messing with the natural order is a bad idea?


Okay, so what the hell am I doing again?  There was that girl at that party who looked really hot, and then I started thinking of toying around with my grandpa's mad-science lab since I got ahold of one of her hairs.  Yeah, creepy in hindsight, this is why I don't drink, at least not usually. And I may or may not have created a clone of her, right?  Then the clone is still this little girl, only a little bit of sped up aging(which is a bit strange, maybe the yellow flashing light meant it was low on fuel or something?) until she woke up.  But then the lab went haywire, and her eyes were glowing, and some of the security locks that I never managed to get past(and by managed I mean they were locked hard and had lots of dangerous warning signs on them so I didn't touch them) releasing dangerous. . .stuff.  Yeah, I'm not sure what they are exactly.

So there's this little girl, and I think she has some sort of accelerated learning or something going on, and I'm trying to keep her and me alive in this dump.  Great.  So to list off my assets, I have one little girl who may or may not be magic, a few questionable surgical tools and engineering tools, my watch, a granola bar, and the remote for the lab systems.  The problems facing me are the spilled chemicals in the storage room, slowly seeping out into the rest of the lab, the cyborgy things that I have no idea why gramps kept them locked away instead of just dismantling them, emergency locking mechanisms to keep said dangerous things from escaping to society, and no batteries for the remote.  Oh, and the kid is sleeping.  Yeah, this isn't going so well.

I mean, compared to the other not so wells that I've managed to get into down here, it just doesn't compare.  Minor acid burns, accidentally embedding an electromagnet in my arm(which was a pain to get removed, dad was so mad when I wiped his computer hard drive that time), releasing the flying frogs that are somewhere out in the marsh and I'm pretty sure doing terrible things to the ecosystem(I've been working on fixing that actually) should all have warned me off playing down here. On the other hand, how do you turn down a cloning vat and a supercomputer that's set up with awesome power for maybe cloning myself a girlfriend?  Not every kid is able to have a famous supervillain as a grandfather, so making the most out of it is pretty much mandatory.  Heck, most of the kids who do have such a lineage had the labs removed when superheroes caught their respective grandfathers.  I'm lucky mine managed to keep his secret identity until he died of old age, really.

Anyway, I'm a mile underground, the mole digger is in disrepair, the elevator back up to the house got locked off, same with the mag-lev tunnel.  The air ducts of surprising capacity only lead in circles for hero-fooling, even if they've never been used, and the lockdown will only end if I take out the big guys with metal arms.  The weapons lockers are a possibility, but they need a code to access and I couldn't sneak over there without getting spotted, not to mention the fact that I can't leave the girl alone on her birthday.  If the things are at all smart, and I think they must be, they'll be going to the main control bridge to try to end the containment.  One of them is here, sweeping the lab, probably in search of grandpa(I head them calling his villain name), the other went off towards the exits, presumably to check and see if they were really blocked.  And I am here in the coat closet hiding with a little girl and some funny smelling lab coats and a red button on the ceiling that I've never seen before and I really wonder why it's there.

Lets see, small black letters, p a n i. . .panic?  He had a red panic button installed in the closet?  Well, considering that he made me remember where all the elaborate traps for heroes were so that I didn't fall into them, I think this might be legit?  Might as well press it, right? What's the worst that couaaaauuuuaaauuuuughhhhhhhhh!  Ooof, ungggh, ah, owwwww.  Okay, yeah, secret panic button that takes you to secret panic room through pressurized tube system that the padding was only half installed in, then having a child dumped on top of you who is ~still~ sleeping.  Oh yeah, and it pricked my finger for a blood sample, so I guess he's still as paranoid as ever. Well, I guess it was new?

Some whiteboards with the latest evil plots, one of them dealing with the clone army plan(yep, circled in red is the lack of plutonium for growth increasing) and a suitably large computer with monitors of all the rooms from secret cameras that I had no idea he installed.  I think this view is from the mop handle?  Anyway, the two cyborgs are lumbering around the lab, not managing to unlock anything.  I think I can shut them off from here, yeah, the containment switch.  And out go the bigger cyborgs and back into the shut off areas of the lab they go.  Also, that place looks like it's filled with worse than that, good thing it was only a little scrambled.  Which was strange, usually the lab stops itself from screwing up that much.  Maybe it had something to do with the little girl behind me?  Who is floating with glowy eyes and now that I think about it that looks a whole lot like what Plasma girl does and ooooooooooooh.  Well, that explains that, though I didn't think I went to school with her. . .oh right, the floaty clone kid is still floaty and glowy, right.

"Papa?"

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a video game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not writing but notes for a scenario you'd write. Tells you what the pieces are, nothing about who and why. Vague in the details: "computer of suitable size", snort.

    ReplyDelete