Thursday, March 27, 2014

The wilderness within me.

I burn them in my heart
tossing them upon the fire
within
to keep my love burning.
Brunette, Blonde, and Coal-black; hair
sizzling as they combust,
releasing tongues that gobble up
their selves.

Age means nothing. The oldest
thrown there are both burned
to ash
or great logs
ready to crackle into the
night for decades hence,
fed by memories.

I see the colors clash, orange and
blue and green all flickering
up flames from the respective
souls I Immolate.
They never fully drown each-other
out though each has flared
brighter
in its time.

I need these lights, dangerous
in their destruction as I sit
in a bubble, wrapped
in darkness.
My own soul huddles closer to
the coals as it
runs low,
smoking.

Perhaps some facsimile of me
burns in someone else's fire
somewhere, and this thought
warms me.

1 comment: