Sunday, September 20, 2015

Haiku Reborn 1

Yawning, I drift off,
dreaming of video games,
while driving my car.

A hazy feeling
And a sharp bang just before
I'm fully asleep.

I don't often dream
of character creation
so this is quite strange.

A floating feeling
with darkness all around me
and blue menu screens.

I have points to spend,
two-hundred of them in all,
yet it's expensive!

Things like [Race:Human]
are a whopping hundred points;
One-fifty for dwarves.

The default setting
seems to be my own status,
as in real-life me.

Interesting dream.
The menus are responsive,
but where are my arms?

Disembodied me
is floating here all alone
yet I'm not too scared.

I sift through options:
Race, stats, skills, even gender
are all mutable.

I think it is best
to keep my gender male
but the rest can change.

First, to save some points,
let's change my character's race
to something cheaper.

Spiders, slimes, goblins. . .
there are a lot of choices
yet none of them fits.

Fantasy is mixed
with humans, dogs, birds, and such.
Too many options.

I have to wonder
what type of game comes after
this much player choice.

Scrolling through a list
of creatures I mostly know
I found a good one.

Totaling ten points,
and a hit with the ladies;
I pick a bunny.

With a soft popping
In the darkness before me
sits a cute rabbit.

I tweak some sliders
giving him red eyes, black fur,
and some white ear-tips.

Now I can move on
to customize skills and stats
which is the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment