Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Haiku Reborn 3

I haven't looked yet
at the skill selection screen.
Anticipation.

There should be cool skills
like <Disintigration Stare>
or <Telepathy>.

Yet the weird stat page
really should have tipped me off
that skills would be strange.

Two catagories:
One is way too expensive
the other, too bland.

A divine blessing
may be good or super good,
but one hundred points?

Looking at skill names,
despite"blessing" as the type
they're "____'s interest".

I blanch at the thought
of spending so many points
to perhaps be smote.

There's no description
for names such as "Min" or "Tal"
and most are greyed out.

That leaves me with those.
The ones that look super lame.
They are called "Egg Skills".

Written at the top
of the Egg catagory:
"Hatch real skills from eggs!"

At least they look cheap,
at least comparatively,
at thirty points per.

But seriously,
I have to spend thirty points
for these vague pre-skills?

The names are bad too.
Egg Skill:<Communication>
or Egg Skill:<Senses>.

Some just make no sense.
If there is a <Racial> skill,
can't I have it free?

Poor selection too.
There are only twenty some
Egg Skills to choose from.

I think that's because
the skill titles are too broad
so nothing's left out.

I'm disappointed,
severely disappointed
in this game's maker.

Oh well, let's pick some.
It doesn't interest me
as much anymore.

I decide on four,
and leave the remaining points,
nine, still unassigned.

An obvious choice
is <Magic:Cast> 'cause magic.
It's a no-brainer.

For a support skill
I'll go with <Affinity>.
Let's hope it's dark type!

I take a moment
to pick between the <Senses>
and <Movement> Egg skills.

Both of them sound dull
but by RPG logic
they should both be good.

I can't stand the thought
of filling two of four skills
with boring ones though.

<Senses> it is then,
but only because the list
is scrolled towards the end.

For the final skill
I just pick the <Random> Egg
hoping for secrets.

There may be more skills
that are not shown on the list
yet <Random>-able.

Popping back to stats
I spend the last of my points
raising Endurance.

From Pink up to Orange
Endurance rises two steps
to toughen me up.

With every point spent
my vision is fast engulfed
in a bright white light.

At last I can play!
Unless I'm waking up now.
Then I'd be grumpy.

Spending all that time
creating an avatar
would be sad to waste.

1 comment: